Module 1: Cornerstone (3 days residential or 4 days non-residential)
Part One focuses on increasing self-awareness, communicating openly and being fully accountable in order to create an open atmosphere in which people can solve problems. People learn about their behavior and motivation and the impact this has on work to increase their personal and interpersonal effectiveness.
Module 2: Organizational Solutions (2 days residential or 3 days non-residential)
Part Two addresses the organizational areas that drive results: compatibility among people, feedback and difficult conversations, teamwork, one-on-one relationships, and decision-making. By creating atmospheres where people speak directly and truthfully to each other, teams solve their own problems, become more accountable, and inspire each other.
An integrated methodology is used that combines experiential approaches with science:
- Experiential learning is based on the 3 Principles of the Human Element: awareness (leading to clarity and effective behavior), openness (leading to fast problem resolution) and choice (leading to accountability).
- The scientific FIRO theory is a comprehensive widely used theory of interpersonal relations, created by Will Schutz, PH.D., using a simple framework for understanding human behavior, motivation, team dynamics and functioning. More about the FIRO theory on www.thehumanelement.com
- The FIRO based instruments are designed to measure various aspects of human functioning on the individual, relational and organizational level. More about the FIRO based instruments on www.thehumanelement.com
The Human Element program helps to create successfull organizations where:
- People feel good about themselves and are fully aware and present. There is a greater personal satisfaction and work/life balance.
- People are talking openly and take responsibility for themselves, so blaming is minimal and relationships are improved.
- People are assigned to the right jobs and high performance teams are assembled.
- Decision-making processes lead to strong motivation and creativity. People are inspired to do their best and do not fight, sabotage, or put others down.
- Absenteeism, illness, and lateness are dramatically reduced. Productivity is greatly increased.
“The purpose of this work is to contribute to the development of more self-aware, open organizations and individuals with greater self-esteem. It is our desire that advancements in understanding the human element will at least match our advancements in technology. As we realize the tremendous power of truth, recognize our awesome capacity to determine our own lives, and overcome our fear of looking openly and honestly at ourselves, we can attain limitless heights of productivity and personal fulfillment in our organizations, our relationships, and ourselves.” – Will Shutz
Will Schutz (1925-2002) is the Author and Creator of The Human Element, FIRO Theory and the Elements of Awareness. During the Korean War he did research for the US Navy to understand and predict how any given group of men would work together. The result of his research is the FIRO theory and the original FIRO-B questionnaire.
After the Navy, he taught and did research at several institutions including Harvard, the University of Chicago, and the University of California at Berkeley. While he was successful, he also found that he was straining at the edges of traditional techniques.
He studied and experienced a variety of non-traditional approaches—physical, psychological, and spiritual—for developing the full potential of each person and each interaction between people.
Combining his human-potential experience with the FIRO theory and the FIRO scales, he created The Human Element. In the course of creating this body of work, he revised and expanded FIRO theory and the FIRO instruments, creating an integrated set of tools called The Elements of Awareness.
The 2 modules are offered as in company trainings for new or existing teams or as open trainings for all interested individuals.
- Module 1 – The Human Element Cornerstone – is a 3 day intensive residential training or a 4 day non residential training.
- Module 2 – The Human Element Organizational Solutions – is a 2 day intensive residential training or a 3 day non residential training.
Price open training: 1200 €/per person for module 1 and 950 €/per person for module 2 (incl. VAT for private persons, excl. VAT for self-employed people & companies). Price in company training: on demand.
Agenda & Location: see www.atransformationaljourney.one/events
Subscribe to Newsletter
Get in touch
July 9 - July 15
September 5 - September 7